In honor of being a month away, this #tbt is dedicated to Culzean Castle in Scotland, where I spent my sixteenth birthday. Can’t wait to see it in person again.
I have done this thing a lot so I’m gonna ignore the rules but answer the questions because yes thank you phthaloblueloki
1. Five random facts about where ever you are right now
1. Oh god this is gonna get off to such a bad start but I’m sleeping in my home’s guest bedroom. Which is also the room my brother died in. I would sleep in my own room but my back hurts too much for me to move anywhere so I’m stuck here. Thus far it’s been okay but naturally there is something about this room that will always get to me.
2. The TV is on and it’s playing Teen Mom 2 but I’m paying zero attention to it
3. The bed is littered with all the things I might need during the night because I can’t move
4. I have many pillows and that is nice
5. This room is also my dad’s office and I wonder what it’s like for him to be in here all the time
2. How do you want to be remembered
Fabulous question and not one I’ve given a lot of thought to. I want to be remembered as a good person. Who always did her best, and regardless of whether or not it was good enough for anyone else it was always good enough for herself. But I think it’s what I do during my life and how that affects people that matters more than how I affect people after I’m gone. At least, that’s what I can have control over.
3. What song is currently stuck in your head?
The Voices of Liberty (or I guess their non-Disney group, Voices) Fly medley because I have listened to it on repeat since being home
4. What movie do you think everyone should see?
What a good question… hmm. I’m gonna go with V for Vendetta. It’s got something for everyone in my opinion, and it’s so relevant, and so brilliant, and ugh that movie is just solid gold to me.
5. If life goes perfectly for you where do you see yourself 8 years from now?
Happily working my way up at DreamWorks or maybe even Pixar or Disney.
6. What is the least sexy name in the whole universe? A REAL NAME NOT SOME MADE UP ONE
Gary. Mmm, Gary??? ? ?no
7. Who would play you if your life was made into a movie?
Man I dunno. Hopefully a strong and sassy female actress. I’d cry if that was Emma Stone.
8. Favorite snack from childhood?
FRUIT BY THE FOOT YO
9. What countries have you visited?
Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, Wales, Greece, Italy, Croatia, and Turkey!
10. Describe your favorite place.
It was five hundred gorgeous acres that were mine to explore, with rolling green on a clifftop looking over the ocean. It was the first place where I ever felt like I was independent and in control of my life and where I walked. It was my happiest place, where I first felt like my life could take its turn for the positive, and where I found the strength to begin to move on from my brother’s death and stop trying to live his life for him and live my own life for me. It was where I turned sixteen. Four years later and that place still means everything to me, sentimental sap that I am.
11. Where is Waldo? (This was the essay question for UChicago commonapp when I was applying and idk I wanna know your answers)
*purses lips in deep thought, pipe held in right hand* Where… isn’t Waldo?
Dakarai Molokomme, a 15-year-old starving child from a small village in Zimbabwe, has just told Madonna, one of the most famous pop stars in the world, to go and f*** herself, the local media are reporting exclusively.
“Yes, it’s true, I told Madonna to go f*** herself. Do you want to know why?” Dakarai asked. “It’s the same thing every time with these snobby rich Americans. Every once in a while they come to show us their support for the so-called eradication of poverty by adopting a child from a starving family, but they actually do more harm than good. Transracial international adoptions are part of the white savior industrial complex,” Dakarai explained.
In further discussions with journalists from the media, the kid stated that “none of the children here actually want to be taken away from their family and friends so they can be displayed as some kind of trophy in the homes of self-righteous singers or actors who want to score some points with the media and Oprah.”
“If they really want to help us, they should get Big Pharma to ship us some anti-retroviral drugs for the AIDS epidemic, or build schools and hospitals. If they don’t want to do that, then they can all go f** themselves!” the child told reporters.
The 15-year-old also stated that he would say the same thing to any one of those American or European “faux humanitarian posers”, except for Bono, whom he said he would also kick in the groin.
“Bono’s efforts to save the African savage from itself prove that the colonial imperative is alive and well,” Dakarai said as he walked with other village children collecting sticks to build a tree fort.
THIS IS THE RAWEST 15 YEAR OLD ALIVE
The time is now, on an evening very much like the one we have
The people who come running to hug you after you haven’t seen them in awhile are my favorite type of people.